Dentists were advised to avoid all elective procedures during this lockdown to reduce the risk of infection transmission of COVID-19.
The era of work from home allows the dentist to do everything from home other than work. This has turned out to be the luxury for only the millennials.
So many dental students and dentists are at home winning the Ludo Olympics.
Are you using your time productively?
Whilst taking a break is important, it is mandatory to use this time to prepare for hospitals and clinics which shall resume in the near future. We need to efficiently use the time to invest in our craft to be able to achieve our personal best. Time management is the way we utilize our time to be able to maximize our productivity in achieving significant long-term goals. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
This break from your clinical practice shall give you time to sit back and catch up with the recent advancements in dentistry. Many countries require dental professionals to complete continuing education credits per year to maintain their licenses and improvise their knowledge to continue practicing.
You can choose from innumerable webinars available online. IBM has found out that participants learn five times more material in online learning courses using multimedia content rather than traditional teaching methods.
Webinars for re-opening dental clinics for professionals
Although there are many sites to choose from site-specific details and links are given below. You can choose many others from the site itself while learning.
- Re-Opening Your Dental Office Post-COVID-19 Quarantine
Presenter: Dr. Mark Cannon
CE Supporter: Viva Learning
- Infection Prevention in the Dental Hygiene Treatment Room: What will Post COVID-19 Look Like?
Presenter: Mary Govoni, CDA, RDA, RDH, MBA
CE Supporter: Premier Dental
- Sterilization Monitoring and Sterility Assurance in Instrument ReprocessingPresenter: Dr. Fiona Collins
CE Supporter: Tuttnauer (Webinar Begins: 5/5/20 7:00 PM ET, 4:00 PM PT)
- Managing Infectious Diseases in the Dental Office Douglas Risk, DDS – Infection Control practices are the key elements in managing infectious diseases in the dental office. (Webinar Begins: 6 May 4:00 PM EST)
- Aerosol and IC management in the COVID-19 Era David Reznik, DDS/Chief, Dental Medicine Grady Health System – COVID-19 has changed how dental offices will practice for the foreseeable future. (Webinar Begins: 19 May 8:00 PM EST)
- Casey Hein, BSDH, RDH, MBA on this new era of medical-dental integration, the expectation is that dental professionals will become more involved in risk assessment, early diagnosis, and co-management of various medical conditions. (Webinar Begins: 13 May 8:00 PM EST)
Webinars for dental students
- ABC of Adhesive, Bonding, and Cementation
Presenter: Thomas E. Dudney, DMD
Date – May 7th, 2020
- Why digital dentistry?— A business and logistical review to survive and thrive in today’s economy
Presenter – Charles Banh
Date – May 4th, 2020
- Think 3D: How to Read a CBCT Scan
Presenter: Dr. Katya Archambault
CE Supporter: KaVo
Date – July 21st, 2020
- One Dental community – Step by step approach to diagnosing an ulcer by Deepinder Duggal
- Dynamic occlusal relationships – Dr. Moez Khakiani
- Den mat Presented by Peter Harnois, DDS May 12, 2020, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PDT
- Treatment Strategies for Combating Periodontal Disease – Instructor: Dr. Suzanne Haley
- Chairside Application Strategies for Esthetic Success by Peter Harnois, DDS
(May 12, 2020, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PDT)
There are many more interesting topics on the following links:
Let us know how you find the list in our comment box below.