Everyone looks towards a good smile and take up various measures to bring that in action. Having a great smile starts by maintaining oral hygiene. American Dental Association recommends individuals to brush twice daily for two minutes. Along with brushing other measures should be taken up, which are flossing, tongue cleaner which reduces the number of micro-organisms in the oral cavity. When it comes to water flossers in India, several top brands offer effective options.
Think about things like water pressure, tank size, nozzle kinds, and extra features like timers and pulsating settings. Brands like Philips, dental-B, and Agaro Oral Irrigator are a few well-liked options that provide trustworthy water flossers for preserving dental hygiene.
Poor oral hygiene has an overall impact on life as it can lead to tooth cavities, gum disease, bad breath and lastly loss of teeth. Brushing your teeth daily is beneficial but the bristles of toothbrushes does not necessarily reach sufficiently in between the teeth. To reach the spaces between the teeth, floss can be used. It can be string floss or a water flosser can be used.
Why switch to water flossers?
A water flosser is a type of floss that uses a pressurized water jet in pulses to remove plaque and other debris from between the teeth. This water flosser is beneficial to individuals who wear braces, and fixed crowns, or who suffer from arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, or carpal tunnel syndrome. Water flossers are a hassle-free way of flossing your teeth in comparison to traditional floss threads. A water flosser is also known as an oral irrigator.
Traditional ways of flossing your teeth with floss threads and flosspicks can cause bleeding and tearing of the gums. Hence one must learn to floss using the right technique with these. But water flossers are a no-brainer.
A water flosser is advantageous for reaching places that are hard to reach within the oral cavity. The water flosser should be used as a supplement to your oral hygiene routine. It is effective if you have bleeding gums, braces, a dry mouth, or food that always gets stuck between your teeth.
For an effective result, the tip of the water flosser should be held at 90 degrees at the gum line, usually starting from the back tooth to the front tooth.
Different levels are available on the water flosser for the user, which they can set according to their liking. It is a good option to choose for maintaining oral hygiene as it will clean the areas where the bristles of the toothbrush do not reach.
How do I choose a water flosser?
Following are some tips to consider while buying a water flosser.
- Different multiple water pressure setting
- Design and sizes
- Cost and affordability
- Ask your dentist.
Top dental water flossers you can try your hands on
Top 10 water flosser in India:
- Caresmith Professional Cordless Oral Flosser
- Oracura Smart Water Flosser
- Waterpik Cordless Revive Water flosser
- Philips Sonicare Airfloss Pro Water Flosser
- Dr Trust Electric Power Water flosser
- Agaro Oral Irrigator Water Flosser
- Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced Cordless Irrigator
- Perfora Smart Water Flosser
- Bestope Rechargeable Dental Flosser Oral Irrigator
- Nicwell Cordless Water Flosser
1) CARESMITH PROFESSIONAL CORDLESS ORAL FLOSSER:
This water flosser is available with three modes for flossing, they are Normal, Soft and Pulse modes. The rotatable tip allows easy cleaning of the hard-to-reach areas of the mouth. Caresmith professional water flosser is waterproof and protects the user when using under running water. It has a good battery life which runs for 10-12 days when once fully charged. Charger having a USB port is beneficial to the user to charge the water flosser conveniently. The cordless, compact and lightweight has made the water flosser very portable. It is FDA approved and comes with a one-year warranty on the unit.
- Three times more effective than traditional oral care
- Water storage capacity is large, which is enough to complete the cleaning in one session.
- Anti-leak technology
- Best convenience water flosser
- Battery lasts up to a week only
2) ORACURA SMART WATER FLOSSER:
This is an easy and effective water flosser that removes plaque and remaining food particles from tight spaces between the teeth. This helps to effectively improve the overall health of the individual’s oral cavity. Most handy for individuals with braces, dental implants or fixed prosthesis. It has a portable charger that can stay charged for 10-15 days by charging for a short span of time. This water flosser occupies less space and is clutter-free.
Oracura smart water flosser is travel-friendly and comes in two different color coded tips. According to the liking of the user, they can change the mode of the water flosser. With the availability of 0.6mm water jet spray, it easily removes plaque and remaining food particles, while on the other hand, the pulsating mode massages the gums making them healthier.
- Five times more effective cleaning
- The nozzle can rotate 360 degrees.
- It has high-pressured water pulses, which helps in better cleaning even in hard-to-reach areas.
- considered the best portable water flosser
- Tank capacity is low.
- Every 15–20 days, the battery needs to be replaced.
3) WATERPIK CORDLESS REVIVE WATERFLOSSER
The waterpik water flosser is available with 3 water flossing tips, In-Handle dual pressure control, and one year warranty. Using this water flosser removes almost 99.99% of plaque from the surface of the tooth. It helps to massage the gums and thereby makes them healthier and have a better oral hygiene by reaching places where it’s hard for the brush to reach. This water flosser is waterproof and can be used in the shower. It great for individuals who have braces, dental implants and prosthesis in their oral cavity. This cordless water flosser, leaves the user with clean, fresh oral cavity.
- Prevents bad breath, gum disease and decaying of tooth as it will clean every deep and far part of your tooth.
- lightweight and travel-friendly product
- This cordless water flosser leaves the user with a clean, fresh oral cavity.
- It doesn’t have a rechargeable battery, and so it needs to be replaced.
- As it is travel-friendly, the water reservoir capacity is small and can last for a short amount of time.
4) PHILIPS SONICARE AIRFLOSS PRO WATERFLOSSER
Philips sonic care airfloss has air and micro-droplet technology which has clinical proven to reach areas of the mouth that are difficult to reach. It combines air and water for the effective removal of plaque and food debris. With its triple burst customizable settings, it is possible for the water jet of this sonic care to reach tight spaces of the teeth. The new nozzle of this water flosser amplifies the power of air and water droplet technology to be more effective and efficient then ever. For a daily confidence of a good smile, just fill the reservoir with lukewarm water or mouthwash, then point and press. The ultimate result using with a mouthwash is fresh experience and anti-microbial benefits.
- Triple-burst technology
- Prevents decaying of tooth by effective cleaning
- Within 2 weeks, you will notice healthier oral hygiene.
- Battery life is only two weeks.
5) DR. TRUST ELECTRIC POWER WATER FLOSSER
This flosser comes with a multiple pressure setting for a customized setting for a better experience. The control panel has three pressure operating modes with LED indications, the three modes available are normal, soft and pulsating for strong and healthy teeth. This water flosser emits a water stream that is almost 0.6mm in diameter which is efficient enough to remove plaque between the interdental spaces. A timer of 2 minutes is pre-installed, it activates after every 30 secs or a short pause when you move it to floss on the other half of the teeth quadrant. The flosser turn itself off when the timer is over.
- It has a timer feature.
- keeps the mouth fresh and clean, keeping bad breath and gum or cavity problems away.
- Waterproof device
- Expensive than other products
- The time taken to charge the device is quite more
6) Agaro Oral Irrigator Water Flosser
Agaro’s water flosser has four different modes: soft, normal, pulse, and custom. This device has a sufficient water reservoir to complete a single cleaning. This device has a single nozzle that rotates 360 degrees and hence cleans every part around your tooth, even where it is hard to reach. The water pressure is 10–90 psi, and every mode can use a different pressure for cleaning. Hence, one can set the water pressure according to their needs. This device has a feature of 2-minute timer and flosser turns off itself.
- lightweight and waterproof device
- Interchangeable nozzles
- The product doesn’t have warranty
7) Oral-B Water Flosser Advanced Cordless Irrigator
This device has a unique Oxyjet technology, which uses water with microbubbles of air to clean the plaque and food stuck between the teeth and helps keep gums healthier by eliminating bacteria. The on-demand mode helps you have control over the water release and pressure. There are three modes available: intense, medium, and sensitive. There are three flossing streams, each designed for a different purpose. The first one is multi-jet, which is used for all-around cleaning of teeth and to reach the hard-to-reach deep parts; the second one is focused, which is used for targeting cleaning; and the third one is rotational, which is used for massage of the gums. It is suitable for patients with braces and implants.
- The device has a warranty of 2 years.
- long-lasting rechargeable battery
8) Perfora Smart Water Flosser
Perfora smart water flosser has five flossing modes: normal, soft, pause, neo-peo, and DIY. It has adjustable water pressure. The targeted water stream helps to remove plaque, food particles, and bacteria in an effective and comfortable way. The pulsating action helps stimulate gum tissues. It has a special feature called smart memory. This feature states that the device will start working from where you turned it off. It is a waterproof device. It has 360-degree rotating nozzles, which are effective for all-around teeth cleaning. The water tank capacity is 230 ml, which is effective for one-time cleaning.
- It has a good battery life of 30 days with just 4 hours of battery charge.
- easy and effective cleaning
- comes with a travel pouch for ease.
- one year of warranty
9) Bestope Rechargeable Dental Flosser Oral Irrigator
The Bestope Dental Flosser has three flossing modes: normal, soft, and pulse. It has smart pulse technology. The water pressure is 30-100 psi, and the water pulses 1800 times every minute. This high-water pulse helps to clean away all the debris and plaque from all around the teeth. The detachable water tank helps you easily clean the reservoir. This is beneficial for patients with braces, implants, crowns, or periodontal pockets. It helps to prevent bad breath, dental plaque, tooth decay, and bleeding gums.
- Waterproof device
- Lightweight and portable
- Water pressure could be high for people with sensitive teeth and gums.
10) Nicwell Cordless Water Flosser
Nicwell comes with three different modes: clean, soft, and massage. Each mode has a different use. Clean mode is used for the cleaning of the teeth and gums, soft mode is used for the sensitive teeth and gums, and massage mode is used for massaging the gums. The water pressure is 30-110 psi, and the water pulses 1400–1800 times every minute. This pressure is effective for the deep cleaning in between the teeth, below the gumline and removes the bad breath and keeps oral hygiene good. This is beneficial for patients with braces and prostheses.
- The battery lasts up to three weeks.
- one-year warranty
SWITCH TO BETTER EXPERIENCE
For a better oral experience, it is advised to use a water flosser along with brushing twice a day. Traditional ways of flossing using a floss thread and flosspicks can be done once daily. Along with this, an individual should also visit a dentist at 6 months interval for an up-to-date oral cavity. Just using a water flosser won’t give results as expected by the user, therefore other oral cavity cleaning aids should be used daily.
- A water flosser is a device that uses pressurised water spray to remove plaque and food and clean between the teeth and below the gumline.
- A water flosser is used when you have bleeding gums, food gets stuck between your teeth, braces or any other orthodontic treatment, or with prosthetics.
- Always use the water flosser as directed, or else you will find some injury to your gums due to the pressure of the water.
- It is always to look out for the features in the water flosser for the best one to select.
- Always consult your dentist if you have any questions before using or while using the water flosser.